OT - I don't _hate_ McMansions

Dennis Muhlestein devel at muhlesteins.com
Mon Jun 23 07:01:56 MDT 2008

> I've never seen a lot for sale that wasn't owned by a developer. And
> generally, they won't sell it to you unless you let *them* build on
> it.Exceptions exist, but they are rare.

That may be somewhat true, but there are many developers who will
build a custom home.  When we were looking, we just looked for a
developer who would build the home we wanted instead of us having to
choose from a number of pre-selected models.  Surprisingly, the total
cost was only marginally more than the pre-fabricated models Ivory
Homes was selling.

-Dennis