HP-UX machine for sale or rent?

Stephen Ward sjward at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 09:55:03 MDT 2008

A fellow PLUGer, Derek Davis, has requested that I solicit the list
for an HP-UX machine.  Derek is out running an extraordinarily long
relay race today called the Wasatch Back [1].  I know him personally
and can confirm that he is loony.

Derek's company (WhiteCanyon (WC)) is gunning for a contract that
involves running Linux on RISC-based HP machines.  They ordered one
which was supposed to have arrived already, but Murphy has wielded his
inevitable Law and it has not yet arrived.  Inconveniently, they are
operating under a bit of a time crunch and really need an HP machine
by Monday.

I've been told that the actual target machine is an HP RP4570.  I
imagine there is a wide variety of machines that will suffice for WC's
testing, but I don't know.

I do know that this contract is worth a very large sum of money and WC
would be able to compensate you quite fairly.

Does anyone on the list have such a machine available either to sell
or to rent to WC?  If so, let me know and I can put you in touch with
the right person.

Thanks,
Stephen

[1] http://www.ragnarrelay.com/wasatchback/index.php