OT - I don't _hate_ McMansions

Grant Shipley gshipley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 09:45:01 MDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 12:02 AM, Andy Bradford <amb-plug at bradfords.org> wrote:
> Thus said Levi Pearson on Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:07:49 MDT:
>
>> All it takes is enough money.
>
> Or a  large enough supply  and low demand to  drive prices down.  I hear
> that you can easily get 40 acre lots up in Baker, Oregon area... but who
> would want to live there? :-)

Keep in mind that no everyone wants a large yard.  Most of friends
DREAD the idea of having to mow .5 acres of grass every week.  A good
portion of people (from my experience), actually look for small lots
as they don't have/want to spend the time on upkeep but yet don't want
to live in a townhome or apartment.

personally, I have just under an acre and luscious green grass and a
modest garden.  I mow twice a week and look forward to the next
mowing.

> Andy
>
> p.s. No  offense intended to those  on this list who  might have in-laws
> who live in the Baker area. :-)

I assume that was a jab at me... Well played, good Sir.