Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Thu Jun 19 15:27:14 MDT 2008

Nicholas Leippe wrote:
> On Thursday 19 June 2008, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>> Voting for a non-viable candidate is a vote for voting reform.
>
> Yes! That is a good way to put it.

Wow, I didn't realize I was agreeing with you. :-)  Von, if you're still
reading, do you also agree?

Is it conceivable that we might fix the ballot through massive civil
*obedience*?  I imagine a whole lot of people already prefer one of the
many nonviable candidates rather than the latest elephant or donkey.  It
might be possible to convince those people to actually vote for their
true preference, not on the grounds that their vote will sway the
current election, but rather that their vote will act as a petition for
voting reform.

Shane