Von Fugal von at fugal.net
Thu Jun 19 11:08:10 MDT 2008

<quote name="Levi Pearson" date="Thu, 19 Jun 2008 at 10:55 -0600">
> Von Fugal <von at fugal.net> writes:
> > You said yourself they are no different, yet here you state you are
> > going to vote for someone who clearly has no chance of winning for the
> > sake of diversity when there really is no difference at all!! Yet when I
> > vote for someone who will clearly lose I'm "obstinately irrational?"
> > Even though my choice offers _real_ diversity? I said I don't expect
> > anyone else to vote for Ron Paul. I said if I DID agree with one of the
> > major candidates I would consider voting for him. I DON'T. Vote for who
> > you like, if you like McCain the vote for him by all means. Don't vote
> > for him merely because you don't like Obama! That is ALL I am trying to
> > say.
>
> And all I'm trying to say is that if you don't like either of them,
> but you strongly prefer Obama, consider voting for him

If I 'strongly prefer' Obama, sure, I'll consider voting for him.

> instead of the Green party guy.

I dunno, that depends on how I feel about the green party guy. Say Obama
is a good choice for me, so is Mr. Green. Maybe it's close enough I
choose Obama because I think he'd do good in office. Fine.

> It just might be the rational thing to do, but
> consider how your local race is going and what kind of influence you'd
> be making either way first.

No no no no no no no!!! Do not consider this! You are not God! You do
not know what will happen! You do not know how other people are going to
vote! Vote based on your own preferences! You can marginally consider
one candidate as 'more likely' to win than another, and vote accordingly
IF you want to see who you vote for in office. Please do not vote based
on who you want to keep OUT of office. ONLY on who you want to see IN
office. Do you catch my drift? Do you see the fundemental basis for my
arguments?

Von Fugal