Fw: need help purging

Dr. Scott S. Jones scott at fyrenice.com
Wed Jun 18 11:52:33 MDT 2008

Corey Edwards [18/06/08 10:26 -0600]:

> > reinstall: apt-get install --reinstall slapd
> > purge: apt-get remove --purge slapd
> >
> > Also, the You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these.
> >  message isn't far off. most times it suggests that, it will work.
>
> That's exactly what he did try.
>
> > >      start-stop-daemon: stat /usr/sbin/slapd: No such file or
> > directory (No
> > >      such file or directory)

Corey:

After running this ||||||||||||| , I ran the reinstall and purge with
apt-get and it appears to have resolved the problem. Thank You!!!!

> # cp /bin/true /usr/sbin/slapd

Just out of curiosity, what does /bin/true refer to? If it is something
terribly obvious, spare me the indignity, but if it's a cool trick, an
unknown little solution, I am curious.