OT - I don't _hate_ McMansions

Thad Van Ry tvanry at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 08:09:55 MDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 8:38 PM, Chris <plug.org at 2nerds.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 6:31 PM, Levi Pearson <levi at cold.org> wrote:
>> Do you, by chance, have a big house with a small lot?
>
> No.  My house is tiny by modern standards, but that fact is of no
> relevance here.
>
> I don't begrudge anyone who builds or lives in a McMansion, however
> tightly packed.  Nor do I comprehend the befuddled organization of a
> mind whose tender sensitivites are offended by the mere existence of
> such things.

I personally like big tall trees mixed between the houses. That's my
problem with most "McMansion" subdivisions. There are very few big
trees. It's not because they haven't gotten big yet, it's because
people don't have room to plant a tree that will get 40 feet tall.

And just to set the record straight, I'm also not one who believes
that man has caused any type of global warming. I just like big trees.

Thad