OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Tue Jun 17 17:20:14 MDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 16:54 -0600, Grant Robinson wrote:
> That makes things much clearer.  I am also sickened by this practice.
> I grew up in an older home in Alpine, and on the way to my parents
> house they have started a subdivision just like that.  Some of these
> houses literally have no back yard.  That kind of thing is what I am
> against.  I have no problem with homes that size, but I do have a
> problem with homes that are out of proportion for the lot size (and
> homes like that, in my mind, clearly are).  My only consolation is
> that no one is buying those homes, so hopefully they will amend the
> plan to make the homes smaller or the lots larger.

I wouldn't want to live in a house like that either, but I'm not certain
I see anything wrong with it. It's just a lot more urban than what's
traditionally been built around here. Think of the row houses in San
Francisco or Georgetown. People are certainly paying a pretty penny for
those and they're literally right next to each other. They're
essentially a jumbo apartment. It's not my cup of tea but it's a fact of
life for an area where land has become scarce and expensive.

Corey