OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Tue Jun 17 15:43:48 MDT 2008

Grant Robinson wrote:
> You seem to have something against a 3000 square foot home.  Why is
> that, Dave? :)

Perhaps you've found meaning where none was intended. I have nothing
against 3,000 square feet. What gets my goat is a 3,000 square foot home
(or larger for that matter) sitting 6 feet away from another one, and
another one, and another one after that. I really should send you
pictures of the new development being built half a mile from my house in
Murray. These are 3,000-4,000 square foot homes with no more than 6 feet
of linear grass between them and the property line, all the way around
each house. From the kitchen, you could spit on the golfers behind the
house and just as easily hit cars parked on the street in the front (not
to mention the side of your neighbor's house next to you). They look
like a dozen eggs in a carton. It's sickening how many McMansions
they've crammed into that tiny area on the edge of Mick Riley golf
course. Oh well.

As for me, no, I don't hate big homes. I was in fact eying a 4,000 sq ft
home last month for myself, but the yard was too small.

--Dave