OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Jonathan Ellis jonathan at utahpython.org
Mon Jun 16 10:11:30 MDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 9:41 PM, Dave Smith <dave at thesmithfam.org> wrote:
> Andy Bradford wrote:
>>
>> So, are  you arguing that  developers out  here are greedier  than those
>> back east and which clearly build things the way their customers demand,
>> while those out here are taking advantage of us?
>>

> I've been watching new home construction back east (namely Virginia and
> North Carolina), and the lots aren't any larger than Utah lots. So yes, I
> stand behind my argument.

Well, another way of spelling "developer greed" is "developers giving
homeowners what they want."  If nobody bought them they would not
build so many.  I suspect most home buyers _like_ a big house on a
small yard, since it's cheaper than a big house on a big yard.  (Note
that East coast families tend to be a lot smaller than Utah's, which
might be part of the reason.)

-Jonathan