Comcast issues

Kenneth Burgener kenneth at mail1.ttak.org
Sat Jun 14 12:04:40 MDT 2008

On 6/12/2008 7:02 PM, Kenneth Burgener wrote:
> Is anyone else having issues with their Comcast Internet today?  As in
> random issues connecting out to various services (ie. messenger) and
> web sites, or unable to remotely connect into their home network via
> SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, Rdesktop, VNC, etc?
>
> Kenneth

Just wanted to follow up and say the problems only occurred Thursday.
Come Friday morning, everything was back to normal.

I drove out to Highland that night to help a friend with their computer,
and they also were having Internet issues.  So what ever the cause was
appears to have hit various parts of Utah County.

The reason I even mentioned anything is we have had Comcast for years,
in various locations we have lived.  I have always loved Comcast
Internet, and have never had any problems with their Internet service.
It has been stable enough that I have been using the Broadvoice VoIP
service for as long as I can remember.

I have had Qworst service in the past, and I won't go back...  unless I
became extremely strapped for cash, as they do have cheaper slower
options.  But I wouldn't like it.  :-)

I would consider using UTOPIA, if they would ever light the dark fiber
that was laid in front of our house 2 years ago, just because you can
get higher bandwidth for less money.

Kenneth