OT - DHCP oddity

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Sat Jun 14 09:14:19 MDT 2008

Did you restart the dhcp server? Check the leases and see if you've
waited long enough. A dhcp client should reacquire when the lease runs
out. But if the dhcp client died, or was run in a one-time-only mode, it
wouldn't know to do that and you'd have the same setup until you
rebooted or started the client anew.