OT: HHO (Browns Gas) Conversion For Your Car

Nicholas Leippe nick at leippe.com
Fri Jun 13 10:02:46 MDT 2008

On Wednesday 11 June 2008, Merrill Oveson wrote:
> Anybody know anybody who'd be willing to start doing cng conversions in
> utah county.  I'd be willing to be the first customer!

My brother-in-law owns an auto shop in North Orem. He is currently researching
the cng conversion process, and plans to get EPA certified. He could already
do a successful conversion (while it's conceptually simple, it's still quite
a bit involed), w/o the EPA certification he can't do it officially as part
of his business. Furthermore, finding suppliers for the kits is a bit
problematic still--because there are some schenanegans occurring still. Kits
that are not EPA certified are readily available, but w/o the certification
you cannot qualify for the tax rebate--which is a pretty big incentive, and
for some reason several of the kits, while technically compliant, have not
been granted their certifications yet...

As soon as he's ready, I can pass on the word.

Nick