OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Grant Robinson santiago at mr-r.net
Thu Jun 12 16:51:00 MDT 2008

On Jun 12, 2008, at 4:22 PM, Paul Seamons wrote:

>> My father-in-law lives back east in an area with minimum lot sizes,
>> and the first thing he always comments on when visiting is how close
>> the houses are to each other.  :)
>
> Move to northern Pleasant Grove.  The minimum lot size is 20000 (.
> 465 acre).
> We actually have a different problem here but it only happens around
> Halloween - the kids have to walk too far to get to very many
> houses.  I
> think it is a small price to pay.
>
> The downside is that lot values quadrupled in the last 3 years.

I live in northern Pleasant Grove (and we were drawn to the area by
the larger lots, and the great view of the valley and temple), and my
father-in-law hasn't seen the house we are in now.  He makes the
comment pretty much regardless of where in Utah county he is visiting
(Provo and Alpine have also elicited those comments).  The minimum lot
size where they are is 1.5 acres (or perhaps it is 2).  The downside
to that type of thing is they pay over $1000 a MONTH in property
taxes.  :(

Grant