OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Thu Jun 12 10:19:41 MDT 2008

"Grant Shipley" <gshipley at gmail.com> writes:

> I saw this a lot in Utah but not so much other places in the country.
> For instance, it is very rare to find anyone living in a home > 2200sq
> feet here in NC.

Part of this is probably due to population density and the age of
communities.  Big houses are a relatively new phenomenon, and North
Carolina is an old state that has had a lot of people in it for a long
time.

That, and Utahns just want big houses.  Witness the success of
FieldStone Homes ("Big homes at small prices!") which builds gigantic
homes with the level of finishing work that you'd see in a cheap
apartment (at least unless you pay a bunch more to upgrade).  Imagine
a master bathroom that's gigantic, but has exactly the same 4 sq ft
cheap laminate-topped vanity that you'd find in a postage-stamp
apartment bathroom.

                --Levi