OT: HHO (Browns Gas) Conversion For Your Car

Von Fugal von at fugal.net
Wed Jun 11 21:30:37 MDT 2008

<quote name="Andrew Jorgensen" date="Wed, 11 Jun 2008 at 15:00 -0600">
> On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 14:18 -0600, Kimball Larsen wrote:
> > Following on the discussion about gas prices, I have also (for several
> > weeks, now) been researching the claims of the so called "Run Your Car
> > On Water!" conversion kits.
> >
> > I have found lots of information claiming that they are the greatest
> > thing since sliced bread, and lots of naysayers claiming that the
> > effect they claim is impossible due to the laws of thermodynamics.
>
> Those pesky laws.  Okay, so think about it clearly now:  The basic idea
> is to use electricity to separate water into hydrogen and oxygen.  This
> HHO gas mixture is then burned as fuel.  But where did the electricity
> come from?  If you were to take the gasoline out of the picture entirely
> you would have a system were an HHO engine is supposed to create enough
> energy to move your car and create more HHO fuel.  If you don't see a
> problem here please request a refund from your university and / or high
> school.

*disclaimer* I have no idea how these things are even supposed to work.

Hold on now, of course running an hho engine to make enough hho to keep
it running defies the laws. BUT... suppose you have a gasoline engine
that runs at 50% efficiency. Just a number out of the air. Suppose now
that you can get 80% efficiency by adding just 1% hho (again, out of the
air). You have 30% "extra" energy, and only a small part of that extra
energy comes directly from hho. It is conceivable that 15% of your
energy can produce the 1 part per hundred of hho, leaving you 15% more
efficient overall.

This is all just off the top of my head, so I could be way off.

Von Fugal