OT: HHO (Browns Gas) Conversion For Your Car

Alex Esplin alex.esplin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 20:29:50 MDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Levi Pearson <levi at cold.org> wrote:
> An anecdote isn't very useful without some theory to back it up.
> That's how quacks sell stuff.  If you can give a plausible theory as
> to why a turbo would increase the cruise efficiency of a gasoline
> vehicle, I'd be interested to hear it.

Sorry, missed part.

The theory is rather simple, and you've skirted around it several
times.  More air means bigger boom.  Bigger boom means one of two
things.  1-more power on the same amount of fuel, which is normally
the case if the Throttle Position Sensor is telling the computer that
the pedal is on the floor or close thereto. 2-the same amount of power
on less fuel, which is what happens when the TPS is not telling the
computer the pedal is on the floor.  In this case, a change in the
emmissions sampled by the O2 sensor behind the exhaust header tells
the computer to send less fuel, because your foot isn't telling it to
send more.

There are lots of cases where due to the characteristics of an
individual type of car or engine, mileage can be influenced by
seemingly inconsequential things.  In my current car, for example, I
noticed on one trip that, much to my surprise, I got better mileage
with the AC on than on the same trip under similar conditions without
running the AC (just over 3 mpg).  So I started tinkering and
discovered that the computer advances the timing a little bit when the
AC is on.  Apparently the characteristics of my current engine are
such that the fuel is more burned more completely with the timing
advanced than under "normal" conditions.  Several subsequent trips
proved that this was not an anomaly, so now I leave my AC turned on.
Again, this all drives my wife nuts, but the mechanic in me always
forces me to figure out what's happening when I observe something out
of the ordinary with my car.

--
Alex Esplin