OT: HHO (Browns Gas) Conversion For Your Car

Alex Esplin alex.esplin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 20:20:19 MDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Levi Pearson <levi at cold.org> wrote:
> Given two gasoline-powered cars where the only difference was an
> appropriately tuned turbo, and mpg was measured at cruise at the same
> speed, I'm pretty sure mileage would be close to identical, for
> reasons I discussed at great length.  If you can provide data points
> to the contrary, I would be interested to see them and hear the
> explanation for the difference.

The data points were gathered in my 99 Passat on the freeway between
St. George and Provo, a trip I've made _many_ times.  All other things
being as equal as possible (temperature, wind, etc) setting the cruise
at about 93 (which placed the RPM range right where the turbo started
to produce good boost, but a few hundred RPM below where the variable
lift on the valves started sucking in _lots_ of gas) produced mileage
over 35 mpg for the tank I filled in St. George and topped off on
arriving home.

These were the _only_ trips on which I achieved over 31 the entire
time I owned the car.  These trips I happened to have a good front
door, so I went significantly faster than my normal freeway cruising
speed of around 80.  A normal trip I would yield around 29.

I keep track of these things a lot.  Drives my wife nuts.

--
Alex Esplin