OT: HHO (Browns Gas) Conversion For Your Car

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 16:21:18 MDT 2008

Dennis Muhlestein wrote:
> I think if you get any benefit from using the water injection stuff
> going around it would be because the hydrolysis is using "Wasted"
> alternator power.  i.e., the alternator is sitting there running so
> why not draw some current from it.   Lets say that this process can
> work but there is some additional usage on gas to do it.  The question
> is then, does the injection of the HHO (Oxyhydrogen, I looked that up)
> cause an increase in efficiency of the engine that offsets the energy
> required to generate it?  I don't know.  I think the claims of getting
> 40% more miles per gallon are probably not true though.  Whomever is
> going to test this out,  please do report back!  I'm guessing if it
> really does work we'd have heard much more about it before.  The
> technology has been around for years and years and it's really just
> being re-hashed lately.

Forgot to mention that hydrogen injection (using electrolysis) is not
using wasted electricity in most cases.  It actually does demand more
energy from the engine, since load on the power system translates
directly to load on the engine.  However the increase in energy output
from the engine for the same amount of fuel makes up for this "loss."
The best analogy I can think of is the turbo charger.  Turbos consume a
fair amount of power, but that increase in power they cause more than
makes up for them under ideal circumstances.