OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Wed Jun 11 15:32:52 MDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 13:53 -0600, Dennis Muhlestein wrote:
> Back to the subject of $4.00/gas.
>
> Why are we not using hydrogen yet?

It seems to be a common misconception that hydrogen is a fuel source and
thus can replace gasoline. It's not. It's a fuel storage medium, i.e. a
battery. Even if all the cars out on the roads were magically converted
to running on hydrogen, we would still have to solve the problem of
generating enough electricity to produce hydrogen. Then of course
there's the fun problem of distributing it.

Hydrogen has a lot of things going for it, although I'm not completely
convinced yet, but don't think it's going to be a simple panacea.

Corey