OT: HHO (Browns Gas) Conversion For Your Car

Andrew Jorgensen andrew at jorgensenfamily.us
Wed Jun 11 15:00:06 MDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 14:18 -0600, Kimball Larsen wrote:
> Following on the discussion about gas prices, I have also (for several
> weeks, now) been researching the claims of the so called "Run Your Car
> On Water!" conversion kits.
>
> I have found lots of information claiming that they are the greatest
> thing since sliced bread, and lots of naysayers claiming that the
> effect they claim is impossible due to the laws of thermodynamics.

Those pesky laws.  Okay, so think about it clearly now:  The basic idea
is to use electricity to separate water into hydrogen and oxygen.  This
HHO gas mixture is then burned as fuel.  But where did the electricity
come from?  If you were to take the gasoline out of the picture entirely
you would have a system were an HHO engine is supposed to create enough
energy to move your car and create more HHO fuel.  If you don't see a
problem here please request a refund from your university and / or high
school.

That being said it's conceivable that the addition of some kind of
non-gasoline fuel (maybe even HHO) might improve the completeness of the
combustion of the gasoline or otherwise increase the efficiency of the
engine by some means.  Perhaps the water vapor created helps to cool the
engine or something.

Another way you can detect this kind of BS is by looking at how it's
presented.  One site I looked at had a video of a company demonstrating
hydrogen fuel cells.  Since these are two very different technologies I
can only conclude that the fuel cell video is smoke.  Another site had a
video of a girl in a short skirt telling you that the technology really
works and is affordable.

If it really worked you wouldn't be skeptical because it wouldn't be
surrounded by the BS that normally surrounds this kind of flim-flam.