OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Matthew Frederico mfrederico at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 10:20:23 MDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:39 PM, Stuart Jansen <sjansen at buscaluz.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 16:50 -0600, Matthew Frederico wrote:
> > You are so awesome.  I wish I could be like you.
>
> It's too bad he doesn't come to more meeting because you're right, Dave
> is pretty awesome. Smart, hard working, generous and fun to be around.

Some how it appears that from my prior comment people feel it was a personal
attack on Dave.  Please understand that I made no reference to David's
intellect, work ethic, generosity or his ability to interact with others
which I am sure is very "awesome".

However in all honesty yes I was being rude, immature, uncalled for, mean,
snipey or whatever you wish to call it, by the statement I made in regards
to the paragraph he wrote.
While I found his last paragraph about housing pricing was humorous, I found
the bulk of his paragraph to be bigoted, self aggrandizing, inaccurate and
frankly a bit offensive.

Ask yourself this:

   - Does the "Average American" REALLY own a big house and a big car?
   - Last I checked the average income was ~ $48k / year ..
      - Frankly, I don't know many people in that cash bracket who drive big
      cars and were still able to qualify for a mortgage on a "big house"
   - Is David actually doing anything to help people or make a difference?
      - I mean, is he moonlighting as a financial counselor helping educate
      people on how to resolve debt?
      - Here's the hypocracy: Both David and myself are spouting words of
      utter uselessness unless we actually act.
      - Are you really "ok" if gas goes up to $8.00 per gallon?
   - I found that statement quite ludicrous - It's simply going to raise the
      cost of my bus fare and my trax fare.

Yes, I agree there are a few who like their big fancy H2's and their
$700,000 homes yet I cannot agree that this in reality typifies an "Average
American".

While you may or may not know this, the entire WORLD economy is doing the
same thing.  I just recently returned from Europe and they are having
shockingly identical issues with housing, consumer debt load, fuel prices
and general economic downturn.  I'm sorry to report that it's not just
happening in America.  The only difference there is they tend to drive more
fuel efficient vehicles, due to the fact that gas for them has been at over
$5.00 per gallon for tens of years before ours got to this point, and spend
less on housing due to Government help and in most cases socialized
medicine.

My definition of an "Average American"
We eat the plastic bread we are fed, are distracted by the circus clowns and
we believe it all if it comes from the God we call TV.

And I freely admit that I at times act like an "Average American."

-- Matthew Frederico