OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Fri Jun 6 11:55:53 MDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 10:53:39AM -0600, Von Fugal wrote:
> <quote name="Charles Curley" date="Thu,  5 Jun 2008 at 20:30 -0600">
> > >
> > > I hope  you do  keep driving it.  If you start  curbing your  demand for
> > > gasoline, then we may never arrive  at an alternative energy
> > > source. :-)
> >
> > Oh, I doubt it. I drive less than 7,000 miles a year, and that
> > includes a recent expedition to the San Juan Islands. I knew 20 years
> > ago this was coming and have prepared for it.
>
> Driving a suburban is preparing for high gas prices? I guess you have
> plenty of preperation in other ways to compensate.

The Suburban isn't the only vehicle I own. Part of my prep is that I
bought and still own a 1985 Isuzu P'up, a diesel pickup that gets 35+
miles to the gallon. 250K+ miles and it still runs like a champ. I
expect to double that, if I live long enough. Like I said elsewhere,
I'll keep driving the Suburban while gas prices are still cheap.

Another part of my prep is to have skills I can use to earn my living
at home. My "commute" is maybe three feet.

Yes, the Suburban is a luxury. I can afford it.