OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Thu Jun 5 21:33:30 MDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 06:15:06PM -0600, Doran L. Barton wrote:
> Not long ago, Stuart Jansen proclaimed...
> > On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 16:19 -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> > > And if McCain gets elected, expect it to go up faster than if Obama
> > > gets elected.
> >
> > Huh? How do you figure?
>
> Yeah, I'm curious to know Charles's answer to this as well. McCain's bought
> into the Global Warming hype, as has Obama, but he's likely to be less of a
> raise-taxes-to-solve-the-problem president.

Has he bought in to it or is he just pandering to the watermelons?

As I said earlier, I have some respect for McCain for voting against
the farm pork barrel bill and for roundly opposing torture, a subject
on which he is qualified to speak.

> The bottom line is, it really seems like it's time to break out the
> torches, pitchforks, and bull horns and let government
> representatives know you won't stand for them standing around and
> doing nothing for no good reason while our economy slows to a crawl.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the
system, but too early to shoot the bastards."

- Claire Wolfe, 101 Things to Do 'Til the Revolution'