OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Andy Bradford amb-plug at bradfords.org
Thu Jun 5 20:05:40 MDT 2008

Thus said Wade Preston Shearer on Wed, 04 Jun 2008 16:35:22 MDT:

> What kills  me is the  checks we  got in the  mail last month.  Why on
> earth did  the government send them  when it is a  trillion dollars in
> the hole? If  they government has extra money it  should be paying off
> the national debt.

Politics?  Buying the  votes of  the public?  Maybe they  felt that  the
people demanded that the government do  something (did they even ask the
people?), anything, even if its  fiscally irresponsible and won't really
help  much. Kind  of like  recent airport  security; its  theatrical and
meant to  give you the  security warm  fuzzies, but doesn't  really help
much and in fact may actually be harmful to security in general.

Also, who is going to stop them from sending them?

Andy
  8:05pm  up 36 min,  1 user,  load average: 1.04, 1.09, 1.00