gnucash vs homebank

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Thu Jun 5 18:46:40 MDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 06:25:16PM -0600, Jacob Albretsen wrote:

> I installed gnucash today on my new Ubuntu install, and when I did a search in
> Synaptic, a program called homebank came up.   I installed both programs and
> played with homebank a little and found it to be pretty nice, and am thinking
> about switching to homebank from gnucash.   Google finds good things to say
> about homebank.  I'm wondering what PLUG members have experienced with both
> (or maybe other) programs.

I personally like Gnucash because it uses double-entry accounting.  Its
interface is a little crufty, but once I took an accounting class, I
don't think I could ever go back to anything that's not "real"
accounting.  If you don't care about double-entry accounting, though, I
wouldn't be surprised if something like HomeBank would be a better
choice.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/