OT - Gas to hit 4.00

Paul Seamons paul at seamons.com
Wed Jun 4 14:58:02 MDT 2008

I largely agree with the sentiment in many of the followup posts regarding
poor consumer spending and accountability.

> In all seriousness though... I told ya so.  A big argument back in
> 2005 was that it is related to supply and demand.  I recently read
> (citation left out intentionally as I wave my hands in the air) that
> demand for gasoline has dropped 4% so far this summer.  One would
> think that if demand decreases, so would the cost?  But what do I
> know... I am just a poor redneck in North Carolina.

You're not thinking "4th dimensionally."  You speak as if the demand in the
United States was all that mattered.  There are two other up-and-coming
countries whose economies are booming and are rapidly increasing their oil
intake.

Just because we are depressed and demand has dropped doesn't mean everybody
else has.

Paul