Major Gmail annoyance and the list

Von Fugal von at fugal.net
Wed Jun 4 12:35:57 MDT 2008

I recently set up my compy to send mail through smtp.gmail.com, all the
while keeping this thread in mind. Sure enough, it caused some woe with
mailing lists. At first I would go to my sent folder and give the sent
message the appropriate label. Works but it's annoying. Well, currently
I have all my mailing list traffic go to the label "ug". In mutt, I set
Fcc: =ug
and it works dandy. Now alls I need is to set up the hooks for it. Just
thought I'd share my own little solution. The better solution of course
would be to have gmail apply it's filters (including adding labels) to
your sent messages, how about we gmail users all bug them to have them do
this?

Also, I need to figure out how to Fcc to multiple folders. If any of you
know if this is possible and/or how to do it, I would appreciate the
guidance.

Von Fugal