Emulation or Port to Linux Project - Hero Wanted

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Thu Jul 24 00:12:47 MDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 22:46 -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> A VM would require a legal copy of Windows, and the object of the
> original client's effort is to get away from those. However, they
> might be cheaper than paying for a port, sigh.

At first read, I didn't even notice the forwarded part of the email.  I
now see the motivation behind it.

I don't know how much it would cost, but what about accessing it via
terminal services (single Windows server) and RDP (many Linux clients)?

A little reading in the man page suggests you can get the app in a
single X11 window by doing something like this:

rdesktop -A -s ’seamlessrdpshell LameVBApp.exe’ WINDOWS-SERVER

Anyway, good luck.

Gabe