[PLUG-announce] August: PLUG BBQ & Utah Open Source Conference

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 00:52:55 MDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 12:00 AM, Ryan Simpkins <plug at ryansimpkins.com> wrote:
> Date: August 2nd, 2008
> Time: 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
> Location: Scera Park, Red Pavilion
>
> PLUG:
>
> We had intended to hold our annual PLUG BBQ in July, but schedules didn't
> quite work out. Instead August promises to be an open source packed month.
> This year the BBQ is sponsored by the Utah Open Source Foundation. We really
> appreciate their willingness to make this event possible. The timing is open.
> You can show up as early as 9am, and the next group doesn't have a reservation
> until 4pm. Any and all are invited, including family & kids.

I don't see anyone coming before about 12pm, so I suggest we have the
bbq grills ready and cooking at noon.  I have one I can bring, but
will need a truck like vehicle to haul it from Murray.

> The BBQ will be a totally open format. Traditionally we have used it as an
> excuse to bring your spare computer hardware and parts swap/give-away with
> others. Whatever is left usually ends up in the dumpster, so don't let good
> gear go to waste! If you'd like to show up and take whatever is left to a
> recycling/reuse center, that would be wonderful.

A couple years ago, we threw away a huge server, but I think there was
a good bit of hardware that was taken home.

> Please use the mailing list to coordinate the event so others can track what
> is going on. The only thing planned is the place and time. If the community
> would like to have a few warm grills, or other items, please feel free to
> collaborate to make that happen. If not, one could simply pack a lunch, sit in
> the park, and see which geeks show up.

Who'll bring what?  Its bring your own meat and buns, but we'll need
help with everything else.

Grill 1:  Clint Savage
Grill 2:
Grill 3: