[sllug-members]: Openmoko Neo FreeRunner

John M. Anderson sontek at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 04:06:21 MDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-19 at 21:49 -0600, Brad Midgley wrote:

> fyi, there is a software workaround for the hardware in the field and
> the next rev has the problem solved. A noisy clock signal in the sd slot
> interfered with gps reception. The software workaround was to disable
> the clock when not doing sd card i/o. That is a good idea anyway to save
> battery life.

I have a full pim suite, gps, wireless, and phone all working on mine
perfectly. I still haven't been able to get gprs to work and haven't
played with bluetooth yet, but overall i'm impressed with how well the
phone actually works.

But none of the images are perfect, the 2007.2 image has the most apps
and best home. ASU has the best SMS interface but worse launcher. And
FSO has the best dialer but has no other apps :P