[sllug-members]: Openmoko Neo FreeRunner

Brad Midgley bmidgley at xmission.com
Sat Jul 19 21:49:08 MDT 2008

Guys

> the freerunner reportedly has gps problems, so I'd wait for them to turn
> the crank and do a minor hardware update... it sounds like an antenna
> issue.

I need to take back the wet blanket I threw over the idea of getting a
freerunner :)

fyi, there is a software workaround for the hardware in the field and
the next rev has the problem solved. A noisy clock signal in the sd slot
interfered with gps reception. The software workaround was to disable
the clock when not doing sd card i/o. That is a good idea anyway to save
battery life.

Brad