Rackmount servers for sale

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Fri Jul 18 16:14:01 MDT 2008

Hi all,

A coworker of mine has some servers from a previous business he operated
that he needs to sell. If you have some interest in these items, please let
me know and I'll pass the info along. I think he'll entertain most
reasonable offers. Now, for the details:

4U Dual Opteron server - ~$1000 in new "street" parts
    Tyan S2885  K8W motherboard
    4U case w/ 400 PS
    2 Opteron 242 CPUs
    2 250GB SATA drives
    Promise TX4-300 SATA controller
    3GB RAM

1U Opteron server - ~$900 in new "street" parts
    Tyan S2882 motherboard
    2GB RAM
    80GB hard drive
    Opteron 246 CPU (motherboard will accomodate 2 CPUs)
    1U case w/ 400W PS
    PCI NIC
    Thin CD-ROM drive

The 4U Supermicro cases below can be mounted in a rack or set on their
side.

4U Supermicro - Dual Opteron - ~$1900 in new "street" parts
    4U SUPERMICRO CSE-743T-R760B case
        w/ triple-redundant 760W power supply
    Tyan S2882 motherboard
    2 Opteron 246 CPUs
    4GB RAM
    Promise TX4-300 SATA controller
    4 250GB SATA II drives
    CD-ROM drive

4U Supermicro - Pentium4
    4U SUPERMICRO CSE-743T-R760B case
        w/ triple-redundant 760W power supply
    Intel D865GBF motherboard
    Intel Pentium4 3.0Ghz CPU
    1.5GB (3x512MB) RAM
    2x Promise TX4-150 SATA controllers
    2x 250GB SATA hard drives

These last two servers are older. It's difficult to price them out in new
parts because they're simply not available anymore. Perhaps the most
relevant component in these is the case. They're nice cases. They have 5
3.5-inch hotswap bays accessible from the front as well as 5 5.25-inch
drive bays. And the power supplies are redundant.

(qty 2) 4U Pentium4 servers - ~200-300/ea
    4U case w/ redundant 300W power supply
    motherboard w/ onboard SCSI
    Intel Pentium4 2.2Ghz
    1GB RAM
    SCSI disks

Let me know!

--
fozz at iodynamics.com is Doran L. "Fozz" Barton
 "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands."