linux hardware compatibility list

Chris plug.org at 2nerds.com
Tue Jul 15 22:53:19 MDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 10:11 PM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have yet to get dual monitor mode working with ATI's drivers.
>  Can get mirrored mode, but not xinerama.  Anyone successfully got this
> to work?

For a couple of years now I've been running two CRT monitors attached
to a dual-output video card from Dell which claims to be an ATI X300.
Or is it X600?  I don't remember for sure, but it uses the radeon
driver.  The OS on this box is fairly dated (Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS), if
that makes any difference.

I don't use Xinerama; instead, I use an ATI driver option called
"MergedFB" which lets you pretend to have a 3200x1200 desktop
distributed horizontally across a pair of 1600x1200 monitors.  I can
email (or post) a copy of my xorg.conf file if you like.

Chris