linux hardware compatibility list

Kyle Waters unum at unum5.org
Tue Jul 15 13:02:51 MDT 2008

Kenneth Burgener wrote:

> I would start by avoiding ATI.  I have always found that nVidia Linux
> support has always been better.  Especially in the MythTV realm.

I was hoping ATI was better since they were bought by AMD, but I haven't
read anything that's indicated the promised changes had taken place(thus
me emailing the list).  I like nvidia stuff, but there used to be a lot
more problems with their drivers(I left the hardware scene just as ati
was becoming competitive), but if that's fixed now I might go that way.
I like VIA chipset.  Intel is actually one that I'm biased against,
mostly from anecdotal evidence(though for video they have always had
good linux support and I really don't need anything fancy).  I really
liked my old abit main board, but I'll probably look at abit,asus, and msi.

Kyle