linux hardware compatibility list

Kenneth Burgener kenneth at mail1.ttak.org
Tue Jul 15 12:49:12 MDT 2008

On 7/15/2008 11:57 AM, Kyle Waters wrote:
> I'm thinking I want
> to go with ati chipset for both mb and graphics, with an amd processor.
> I'm not doing anything high end and am only looking at $1000 for the
> Is there anything I should avoid?
>
> Kyle

I would start by avoiding ATI.  I have always found that nVidia Linux
support has always been better.  Especially in the MythTV realm.

Most standard components (monitor, CD, DVD, mouse, keyboard, hard
drives, mother boards, network cards) work out of the box.  The few
components that I have had issues with in the past were wireless cards,
and external peripherals (ie scanners, cameras, etc).  I would check the
HCL for those components.

Kenneth