PHP Developers (and some Perl, too!)

Jesse Stay jesse at thestays.org
Thu Jul 10 14:58:11 MDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 12:37 PM, William Attwood <wattwood at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ahh, Jesse, I apologize for my rude comment.
>
> I do believe I have met Jesse, and must give props to the projects he
> brings
> forward.  Jesse, good luck with the Social apps; maybe I'll see you around.

It's no problem.  I agree - the social network thing is a pretty thick
market right now (although it's still pretty thin when compared to say, the
world wide web!).  This will also lead to other clients and other projects
though.  This client however has a very unique twist that I personally think
has a chance in this saturated world of social networking.  Regarding the
Filipinos, right now I'm trying to bring a few seniors on because I know
what you mean - the fact of the matter is however, that  offshore
development works well if you can treat them as Junior developers and have a
strong team onshore that can develop alongside and help them out with their
effort.  If I can stay competitive however and hire onshore for the Junior
development work believe me that will be the first thing I move towards.

Hey - if you know anyone that might be interested, please send them my way.
There's a good chance this will turn into a full time thing - I have about 3
or 4, and soon more clients lined up right now and if I can keep that rate
flowing my hope is to be able to hire the contractors that are working for
me if that's the direction they want to move towards.

Thanks,

Jesse