[sllug-members]: Openmoko Neo FreeRunner

Brad Midgley bmidgley at xmission.com
Wed Jul 9 09:27:32 MDT 2008

Chad

> So I guess I'll wait a little longer and see what happens...  Any
> ideas on if the GPS problems Brad was talking about and the EDGE radio
> upgrade might be happening soonish (if those problems are confirmed)?

I'm sure the gps is their first priority right now. I really hope it's
not a hardware regression.

They have not said anything about when they'll upgrade the radio.

The usability upgrade you heard about might be the "ASU" release which
pulls a lot of qtopia into the openmoko image. This means qt and gtk
will be running together, hopefully with some more cohesion than when
you do this on a desktop.

Another route is to run straight qtopia.

Brad