generating RSS with python cheetah

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Sat Jul 5 08:55:29 MDT 2008

Christer Edwards wrote:
> I've been trying to figure out a solution for generating some really
> basic RSS and I finally figured I'd drop a note here, to see what
> suggestions ya'll might come up with.  Here's the situation:
>
> I have a very basic website that changes content once daily (based on
> cron).  I have a script that regenerates the daily content in html and
> also rebuilds an rss file.  The html regenerates and renders just fine,
> the RSS on the other hand isn't recognized within feed readers as having
> been updated.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can regenerate an RSS feed
> daily to the point that feed readers will recognize it has been changed?
>
> Currently I'm using python-cheetah to generate the .html and .rss, but
> I'm open to suggestions.
>
> the current rss - http://ddate.us/rss.xml

It sounds like you're just not adjusting a date or something. Most
readers pay attention to the dates in the feed, though which dates
readers pay attention to varies a bit. If you manually examine the dates
in a feed that does work for a day or two (through some new content) it
should become obvious.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

     -- Johann Sebastian Bach