Now hiring for the fastest storage product on the planet (and known universe!)

Thayne Harbaugh thayne at plug.org
Thu Jul 3 14:25:39 MDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 14:11 -0600, Wade Preston Shearer wrote:
> > Compensation negotiation is open to those that *apply*.
>
> But how do they know if it's worth applying? Taking half a day off
> work, putting on a suit,
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You're already not hired. 8^)

> and driving across town is a big deal. The
> only reason that I can think of that employers would be against
> discussing salary ranges publicly is if they are low.

I don't have the current numbers right now - I'll have to get with HR.
We haven't had a problem providing interesting compensation to those
that we want to hire.

Really, is *everything* else about it super interesting and not knowing
the compensation range holding you back?  If only you knew that one
piece and *then* you would apply?