generating RSS with python cheetah

Christer Edwards christer.edwards at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 2 00:16:33 MDT 2008

I've been trying to figure out a solution for generating some really
basic RSS and I finally figured I'd drop a note here, to see what
suggestions ya'll might come up with.  Here's the situation:

I have a very basic website that changes content once daily (based on
cron).  I have a script that regenerates the daily content in html and
also rebuilds an rss file.  The html regenerates and renders just fine,
the RSS on the other hand isn't recognized within feed readers as having
been updated.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can regenerate an RSS feed
daily to the point that feed readers will recognize it has been changed?

Currently I'm using python-cheetah to generate the .html and .rss, but
I'm open to suggestions.

the current rss - http://ddate.us/rss.xml