Crappy Houses

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Tue Jul 1 09:22:52 MDT 2008

On 01 Jul 2008, at 00:52, Garth Hill wrote:

> Peter Bowen wrote:
>> I've had a lot of people stop by, and they just don't want to pay
>> for the extras.
> I haven't read 99% of the McMansion emails, but isn't this like
> proof by duh?  This is the McNation--we pay for cheap, crappy,
> (fast) food at McDonalds and buy shoddy Chinese merchandise at Wal-
> Mart.  We  neglect our health and emotional well-being and then
> cover it up w/drugs that we are so eager to accept.  It makes sense
> ppl would want to pay cheap for a shoddy house--it's what we do for
> everything else.  We just need to patch it up when things come
> undone (no Windows or [insert software title here] reference
> intended, sorta).  Since your house is an exception, you'll need an
> exceptional buyer.  Throw in the fact that it is a depressed and
> depressing (literally and figuratively) market, that makes it even
> harder.

Wow, well said.  I think you just described the stereotypical
mentality very well.  Most people are too ignorant to even know that
they are live like this and think they enjoy it.

Oh and the market is only depressing because the media is saying that
it is and more ignorant sheep are bleating along with it.