OT: Contracting Advice

Jason Hall jayce at lug-nut.com
Tue Jul 1 08:51:23 MDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 8:42 AM, Kimball Larsen
<kimball at kimballlarsen.com> wrote:
> Though not strictly a linux topic, I know that many people here put food on
> the table as independent contractors.
>
> I'm interested in picking up a contracting job or 2, and would like to know
> what you recommend for finding a gig?
>
> I've poked around on Guru.com, but don't know of any others.

To me, it's all about the social network.  Plug, Friends, and
language/project communities.  I've had more pulls for contract work
from my plug profile, and from my participation on open source
projects (wiki/lists/etc) than from most anywhere else.

--
Jayce^

The Cloud is my Platform