why does WinSCP work, but firefox not?

Dr. Scott S. Jones scott at fyrenice.com
Thu Jan 31 11:20:17 MST 2008

> You might want to try "resetting" the TCP stack in windows before you
> nuke the machine. I have seen doing that fix some random problems. You
> can only do it from the command line in XP. Here is the command
>
> netsh int ip reset c:\log.txt
>
> At least I think that is the correct syntax. It has been a little while
> since I have done it and I don't have an XP box in front of me to test
> with. Good luck.

Mike:

I ran your suggestion. SUDDENLY, I can see the other machines on the LAN.

Dayammmm.. now I can access the net again TOO!

You are a lifesaver.

I am still going to back up XP and get to the point where I CAN nuke it,
once I either get a new machine, or can get everything running under WINE on
my linux box, that I now run on XP.

Thank You, Very Much!

Scott