The Last Straw (was: [sllug-members]: Boycott the Salt Lake Tribune)

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Thu Jan 31 11:09:59 MST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 10:04 -0700, Jason Edwards wrote:
> Seriously?  When did the (SL|P)LUG-lists become forums for spewing
> this kind of tripe?!?

Plug has a long and strong tradition of tolerating a wide range of
topics. That's part of what makes Plug a community, not just free tech
support for the lazy or cheap.

s/Ron Paul/Java/g and delete like you would any other pointless
Java/Perl vim/emacs vanilla/chocolate toilet paper up/toilet paper down
discussion.

Frankly, I find your top posted, non-trimmed cross posting more
offensive than a little political discussion. Especially when that
political discussion is centered on laws that affect tech or the tech
positions of candidates.

I don't want to make you leave, but I suggest that's going to happen
before the culture of SLLUG changes to your liking. Instead, perhaps you
should adapt the prevailing culture and learn proper manners by at least
trimming and refraining from cross posting.

--
"English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark
allies, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose