The Last Straw (was: [sllug-members]: Boycott the Salt Lake Tribune)

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Thu Jan 31 10:11:19 MST 2008

On 31 Jan 2008, at 10:04, Jason Edwards wrote:

> Seriously?  When did the (SL|P)LUG-lists become forums for spewing
> this kind of tripe?!?
>
> I am so sick and tired of hearing about Ron Paul.  There are a great
> many reasons why he is (thankfully) at the bottom of all the polls.
> (If you would like to know what those are, please, email me off list).
>
> Moreover, I find it more and more difficult to keep my personal
> beliefs from coloring my perceptions of those on these lists.
>
> Can we get back to Linux stuff, or at least something remotely
> technology-related?  Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way -- if
> so, let me know, and I'll unsubscribe.

I personally like being able to have OTher conversations than just
technical with the same technical people that I converse with about
Unix/Linux stuff.  Belonging to a community like this is a valuable
resource in more ways than just technical "On Topic" conversations.  I
value the opinions of those on this and other lists I am on.  And when
it comes to topics that are not Unix/Linux related I still value those
same opinions, whether I agree with them or not.

Sorry, count me as one of those that does not agree with you.

You can choose to ignore whichever thread you do not want to read.