why does WinSCP work, but firefox not?

Dr. Scott S. Jones scott at fyrenice.com
Thu Jan 31 08:43:48 MST 2008

>        Does this machine have AOL installed on it?  A recent update from AOL
> called Parental Controls will disable all internet browsing except through
> the AOL browser (IE, Opera, Firefox, Netscape will all be disabled).  Find
> and kill any AOL software on the machine and I would get that it will start
> working again.
>
>    JOEL

Why, I am just shocked that you'd imply I might have anything remotely like
AOL on this machine.....

Seriously though, No, never have had an AOL account and never hope to
either. I didn't think anyone on this list would even consider such, as AOL
is really the antithesis of the Net and net access.

I think I'll back it all up, reformat and reinstall! Seems like my best
option at this point.