Thoughts on Open Source Bounties?

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 09:37:18 MST 2008

Hi everyone,

I'ld like to add an additional feature to an existing open source application.
I had considered writing it myself, but to be frank, I'm getting quite
lost in  the API.
It probably doesn't help that this feature would be of limited benefit
to anyone but myself, and so my motivation just isn't as high as it
could be.

The feature addition should be fairly straight forward especially for
someone more familiar with application itself and how the underlaying
language (Perl) handles email.

I'm curious to know if anyone has had any luck with open source
bounties, or do you think it would be better to simply contract the
work out?
I'ld be willing to pay up to $500 to have the feature added since it
would be a major convienence for me, but like I said, I think the mod
probably has very limited applicability.

Thoughts?

Sincerely,
Steve

p.s. If any good Perl programmers want to make a quick $500 for a day
or so worth of work, on an open source project, please contact me off
list, smorrey at gmail.com