In Defense of Computer Science

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Wed Jan 30 06:22:25 MST 2008

We've had this discussion umpteen times before, about how CS and
Software Engineering are different, why one would go to a university for
a CS education instead of a trade school, etc. etc.

Levi found this article and I think it does a great job of explaining
what CS is and why it's beautiful. It also does an ok job of saying why
you would want to get a CS degree.

Now I'll bow out and let you kids discuss. I've got an academic paper to
write. :)

http://hnr.dnsalias.net/wp/?p=39

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net