Mail Relay

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 12:07:16 MST 2008

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for a good starting point here for a mail relay system.

In a nutshell I am working with a product that already receives and
processes emails from clients and sticks those emails into a customer
service que, creating tickets etc.

What I would like to do is modify this software so that with high
priority tickets (or any tickets for that matter), the email is also
relayed directly to a customer service agents inbox (who may be at
home or on the road etc).

The agent would then reply to the email, which would send it back to
the customer service system which logs the mail to the ticket and
relays that mail directly back to the client.

I have been working on handcrafting this solution, but before I
progress further, I'm wondering if anyone is aware of any existing
libraries that can handle the majority of this work.

The customer service app is written in perl.

Sincerely,
Steve